Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What do we pay them for?

Not much time to write today but I just wanted to share how irked I am that Harper has postponed the start of the fall parliamentary session until October 16th.

I'm all for high MP salaries, I think it's important to attract the best and brightest and compensate them accordingly, but what the heck are we paying them for if they are never in session in the house. Helping the provincial parties campaign in Ontario should not be part of their job description.

I also thinks it makes our MPs look fairly useless when they are out of session more than they are in.

Sigh. Maybe someone will give me a good reason for parliament being on vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because this crowd can cause less damage doing nothing.

sc@vp said...

HA! love the green assassin brigade's brand of logic