Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tears for Boston Legal

I never used to cry. Now, it seems that certain topics grab my heart and squeeze. Three of those topics are cancer, dementia, and terminal illness. A case in point was Tuesday.

To celebrate our respective summer holidays, my cousin Dylan and I are watching Season 2 of Boston Legal as quickly as we possibly can. We started Monday and are now on Episode 22 of 28. I love this show and after a shaky start, Season 2 has been just as good as Season 1.

However, Tuesday night it made me cry. Specifically, it was the episode with Michael J. Fox as a Stage 4 Lung Cancer patient. Of course, it had to be stage 4 lung cancer, that's what killed my mom. What made it worse was that I could see the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease in Michael. After it was over, I made it down the hall but as soon as I reached my bedroom the tears started.

That's it, just a minute where I was paralyzed by sobs. There is altogether too much cancer, dementia and death in Season 2 of Boston Legal. Altogether too much. Still love the show.

Four days until the 1 year anniversary of my Mom's death. Stupid cancer.

1 comment:

sc@vp said...

xo

(I hate it too. My dad's friend from Kyrgyzstan, Yuri, died yesterday at around 7pm Bishkek time. He was only 32.)