Friday, August 24, 2007

Indy's Adventures in Halifax

After much internal soul searching I made the decision to send my dog to Halifax to live with Penny.

Starting in September, I'll be leaving the house at quarter after five in the morning and not getting home until nine. I knew that keeping the dog would be incredibly hard on him and on me.

My brother, Darryl, and sister-in-law, Catherine, drove Indy down to Halifax last weekend. Here is a snippet of how Indy is adjusting from our email thread.

Catherine: The drive was absolutely beautiful! Indy was VERY happy to see Penny OMG! The dogs have access to a lovely yard with a wooded area and a lawn area. There's always someone at home and the door to the backyard is open all the time: Doggy heaven. There's a lake a block away and the dogs went there for a walk off leash, again, doggy heaven.

Penny: Indy is fine. He's sleeping well on his blanket in our room. He and John have bonded. I got a rope for them to tug on so the soft toys will be saved. There is some problem with the cats. He ignores them in the house, but in the yard, he feels free to chase them away. In fact, he seems to have succeeded with Spock. I haven't seen him for 2 days.

Darryl: He's such a good little chaser.

Catherine: Darryl!!!

Me: No reply, just laughing so hard that tears roll down my cheeks.

Spock has been found by the way, he was in the basement - sulking. I love my family.