Sunday, August 26, 2007

I will be with you

{I thought that maybe this needed a little explanatory note. I'm reading the Bible - from start to finish. Along with all my other projects I am making time to read both the Old and New Testaments. To clarify, I have no religious affiliations. Christains would call me unsaved and a heathen. I'm okay with that. Here's why: I love God. By whatever name, I love the Holy Ghost, Brahman, the animating force, Spirit, Gaia. I love the energy field that surrounds and loves us all.}

I want to save the world. I can't think of anything better to do with my time. No, really. An unconscious messiah complex? Probably, but I'm okay with that. So I've begun an exploration of the world's religious systems. To me it seems that nothing rips humanity apart like religion, so maybe that is also the way to bring us together.

Here is my thought for today:

'But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharoah and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"

And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you..." '

I totally understand how Moses was feeling. Completely unequal to the task. I mean, he'd already run away from Egypt under a death threat and now some bush was telling him to go back and free thousands of people from slavery. That's pretty daunting. How could he possibly do it? What made him so special? What skills did he have?

And God said, "I will be with you." That is so cool. It didn't matter who Moses was or what skills he had, he only had to make himself available for God to work through him.

That's who I intend to be - someone who is available to Spirit. Open to whatever calling I am given; because there is nothing more important to do. The coolest part about this is that it sidesteps ego. I am not the one working the plan, I am acting as a channel for Spirit to do the work that needs to be done. This is not about personal aggrandizement, it works at a level much higher than that. That rocks.

More than that: it means that we ALL have the potential to work for Spirit. We ALL have that ability and responsibility. As a coach and a coachee it is the most important question to answer: How is Spirit calling me to change the world?

How is Spirit calling you?

{BTW, for the sticklers, I am using the new international version of the Bible.}

Exodus 3:11-12

No comments: