Thursday, November 29, 2007

Schreiber - the saga continues

I hate even giving him the credit of creating a saga, but it is a story that has managed to capture the fancy of the Canadian media. Silly media, tricks are for kids.

So they managed to get Schreiber before the Ethics Committee and he proceded to play our illustrious members of parliament for total patsies. Very smart Schreiber. Why isn't there an outcry, an uproar? Why aren't citizens screaming to ship this to Germany so he can face charges of fraud... Fraud. Let's take a moment to think on that...



Fraud. And yet we expect him to tell the truth here. Sigh. He refused to say anything until they cut a deal which includes giving him more time "to go through his documents" and lays out how long he'll be able to avoid extradition.

Seriously, give me a freakin' break. I want this man gone gone gone. I don't care if Mulroney did take the money and promise to be his 'special' friend. I really don't. There are much bigger issues of integrity-breach to be dealt with.

Like our nation looking like a bunch of two-face, lame-asses who broke their word on an international treaty (yes, I am talking about Kyoto). That breach should be enough to ensure that our standing internationally has dropped to somewhere about the level of the, hmmm..., ah yes, the U.S. Oh no wait, I guess our reputation is lower than that since at least they refused to ratify so made no promises. We are oath breakers, they are just deniers.

Or perhaps our internment of Ukranian Canadians during World War I and Japanese Canadians during WWII. Or maybe our unbelievably poor treatment of the indigenous peoples from whom we stole this land.

But, let's spend some more time listening to a criminal play our country for a fool. Why not? It's better than looking at our own issues.

P.S. I realize he is a dual citizen but I don't think he is at risk of torture in Germany.

No comments: